Re: Oh yay! IBM 7043-150 43P YDL Install

Subject: Re: Oh yay! IBM 7043-150 43P YDL Install
vdibmcsm@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 06:50:28 MST

Yes. I was. I got YDL to install fine now, but I learned alot about what
CAN'T/CAN be done in an install.

1) The GTX110P graphics adapter works great. It's not on the list, but it
works.
2) /boot won't work. Don't use it. Any space you might normally allocate
for /boot on a intel machine should be added to the / partition.
3) Boot once with install disks and set your partitions, then reboot and
install. If you modify the partitions, the install process gets fux0r3d.

So far, that's cool. Things are working well, but I plan to press onward
with token ring and network exploration soon. And if I ever get any real
direction from my employer to do so, I'll try to document everything I have
learned.

Cam McFarland
(919)254-0751 - Office
(800)946-4646 1465472 - Pager

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning,
and inhibit
clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and
impenetrable fog!"
--- Bill Watterson's Calvin.

Dan Burcaw <dburcaw@terraplex.com> on 01/10/2000 04:43:50 PM

Please respond to yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com