Re: champion 1.1 7200/120 no install

Subject: Re: champion 1.1 7200/120 no install
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 07:01:34 MST

What this error means is that you put the files it is looking for in a
place that it either can't find or not in the location you are specifying.
Since you aren't doing a CD install, what type are you doing and where are
you installing the fules from?

Dan

> Hello, >
> To day I bought the Yellow dog CD. So I tryied to isntalled it on my
> test 7200/120 box. It doesn't work. First I tryied with the ramdisk
> image that is on the cd but it doesn't reconize it. So I went to the
> faq found the comment about the 7200/75. I downloaded the small image
> it seems to want to start, but it hangs after trying to initialize the
> cdrom (language and keyboard option are fine) If I switch to the
> command-F3 screen I it stays on
>
> * error in exec of second stage loader :-(
> * error: No such file or directory
>
> Before that it has spittied errors about /modules/modules.dep not being
> there and insmod failing.
>
> I'd like not to have thrown out 80$ for not event runing the
> install. What is needed to build that image? I've got MkLinux DR3
> installed on the same box and I can probably get a copy of Linux ppc
> to build a new image. Anyone has suggestions?
>
> --
> arsphl
> cle/key pgp & gpg: http://www.oeil.qc.ca/clefs_pgp_gnupg/arsphl.asc

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Workstations and advanced, Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/