Re: sound and 2214

Subject: Re: sound and 2214
From: Kevyn Shortell (kevyn@apple.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 17:15:02 MST

One of the known bugs with any of the PPC/Linux kernels is sound
support on the newer machines, which is partially my fault, I'm
still working on getting the documentation for the device driver
coders.

What I've noticed though, Is the internal speakers get cut off, but
if you plug headphones or external speakers into the external audio
jack, sound is there and working, just not through the right output
device.

Kevyn

on 1/13/00 3:41 PM, space aliens forced Adam Price at
Adam@oldchildrensbooks.com to write:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Cyril Niklaus wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>> Is there a specific kernel option-module to build to have sound working
>> with the new kernel? I mean I have no sound since a few kernels back, and
>> this is starting to annoy me, but I had it working out of the box on my
>> powerbook wallstreet when I did the first linux install.
>> I checked the volume settings, of course, to no avail. No beep, no cd, no
>> mp3 give any output.
>> I don't quite konw what else to do.
>> any help or pointer is welcomed,
>> cyril
> Sound works for me only when I have set it to something other than
> internal modem in Monitors and Sound from the MacOs. It fails again after
> I snooze and wake up.

Kevyn Shortell Linux Technology Manager Apple Computer, Inc.
kevyn@apple.com http://www.apple.com