How to configure YDL to Nework Printer?

Subject: How to configure YDL to Nework Printer?
From: Praveen Mishra (pmishra@mum.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2000 - 10:53:53 MST

 I have installed YDL CS-1.1 While installing I did not configure my
printer.
 However, I want to configure it now. My printer information:

 Printer Name: HP LaserJet 2100 Series

 protocol information
  appletalk status: Ready
  etalk net : 108 node: 004 P2
  appletalk name : [the info here is correct]
  etalk zone : [the info here is the correct zone]
  hostname : Not Specified
  config by : User Specified
  Syslog Server : Not Specified
  ip : [the IP address here is correct]
  Idle timeout(Seconds): 120

 I wanted to get it working on my linux machine. I tried configuring in
 the Gnome control panel -- I tried it with SMB. spool Directoty
/var/spool/lpd/lp
 do I need to have a printer server? But still I can print from mac
 machines.
 Any suggestions?