Re: SSH

Subject: Re: SSH
From: Neil Jolly (njolly@home.com)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 21:03:30 MST

Phil Kirschner wrote:

> I have been reading through all the old SSH emails when it was
> determined that there was a more secure version than the one one the
> CS1.1 CD. There are a lot of sites in those emails, and I was just
> wondering if someone could definitively tell me:
>
> What site can I get the best/newest SSH from?
> Do I need to update anything else from the base CS1.1 install?

My recommendation would be openssh-1.2.1pre24-1. There are some problems
with the licensing in ssh. It's only free for noncommercial use, but
openssh is free for all useage. You'll need to install openssl as well.
Both can be found at Rich West's site.

http://www.wesmo.com/redhat/RPMS/

--
Neil Jolly
Coming at from Yellowdog Linux - another MICRO~1 free OS!