Re: MacAlly

Subject: Re: MacAlly
From: Ed Jaeger (ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com)
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 10:23:40 MST

I got mine to work with a kernel patch which I can send you - it's for
2.2.12, though.

Alternatively I have been told that you can use the stock kernel by
issuing these commands after the X server starts:

/sbin/mousemode 3 66
xmodmap -e "pointer 1 3 2"

IIRC the MacAlly 2 button mouse does not use a standard protocol for the
second button, hence the need for special treatment. Either way you get
no center button. I wish I could find a 3 button adb mouse...:P

--
Ed Jaeger, CFO, Bohlender Graebener Corporation
ed.jaeger@bgcorp.com

--Ralph Waldo Emerson