Re: SUID and ppp..

Subject: Re: SUID and ppp..
BondTrails@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 18 2000 - 21:27:25 MST

Arthur, (and all other yellowdoggers)

Thanks for all your help! Yes, I now see the dangers of being logged in as
root so rest assured I log in only as a user. I set the SUID on pppd and kppp
as you instructed and that seemed to work.... not another small
question/problem:

It asks that my /etc/resolve.conf file is not found. What is this file and do
I need it if I am trying to connect via a modem only? Also, when I dial into
my ISP (all settings seem to be set correctly) it waits for pppd to start but
it times out waiting for it. It seems to have a reasonable amount of time
allotted (30 secs) but it still times out. How can I make sure pppd is
working correctly? Or should I just give it more of a time allowance??

Thanks for all your help 'cause this newbie sure does need it!

Bondster