Help w/kppp and USR 56K modem

Subject: Help w/kppp and USR 56K modem
From: Greg DaCosta (atmgreg@theprovider.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 10:20:59 MST

I am a new user of YDL, and just installed it yesterday. I had no
problem with the installation with the exception of my printer and
modem. The biggest problem is that I cannot get kPPP configured
properly. I can get it to dial and to connect, but it just sits
there after that. I've tried a number of different init strings,
different devices (dev/ttyS0, dev/cua0, dev/modem) without success.

I'm using a USRobotics Sportster 56K X2 Faxmodem connected to the
serial port of my Mac.

Any suggestions?

Can anyone tell me how to configure YDL to use a Personal Laserwriter
300/LS connected to the printer port?

Thanks,

   Greg DaCosta (newbie to YDL)

Greg DaCosta