Yellow Dog and my Color Stylewriter 1500....

Subject: Yellow Dog and my Color Stylewriter 1500....
From: James M. White (jwhite@maine.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 05:52:38 MST

I have installed YDL/CS on my old Mac 7200/90 ppc. Most everything seems
to work nicely, including ppp..... except that I have, so far, been
unsuccessful in printing to my Apple Color Stylewriter 1500 printer.

This printer is connected directly to my printer port, and here's my set
up, from the print tool.

Name: lp
spool dir: /var/spool/lpd/lp
printer device: /dev/ttyS1

I've tried a variety of input filters, including postscript, text, Epson
Stylus Color, Imagewriter. In all cases when I try the print tool tests,
I can get the light on the printer to BLINK, leading me to believe the
port is correct, but no actual printed output.

Will YDL/CS work with this printer? Has anyone done it? Help !

--
Jim

James M. White