Re: To eject a CD...

Subject: Re: To eject a CD...
From: Cyril Niklaus (cyril.niklaus@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 09:15:26 MST

> Any new guesses?
are you in the cdrom hierarchy while trying to eject it? In that case that
won't work either.
To make myself clear, if a pwd gives you anything in /mnt/cdrom, just go to
your home directory or something. I know I do this all the time, and I find
it quite annoying, esp when updating stuff from a cdrom in one terminal,
then moving onto something else in another desktop, forgetting the first
term and then trying to eject the cd to no avail.
What surprises me is that you say it is not mounted, in that case the eject
button has to work (or then try the paper clip...). Maybe a umount -u might
help as well?
hth somewhat
cyril