So, I *have* to bail on OF?

Subject: So, I *have* to bail on OF?
From: Benjamin S Donley (bdonley@seas.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 21:29:09 MST

I've just done a bunch of reading...

So, there's really no way to patch OF well enough on the 2.0f machines, like my
beige G3? I really don't need anything fancy, like a menu of OSes...

It can't even be fixed enough to point it to the linux kernel on my ext2
partition?

That is, it can't be done without Apple's discontinued Rhapsody boot program
for MacOS. Does the "System Disk" utility for Mac OS Server apply the same
patches? I didn't notice anything like that at all. Is BenH's fixg3 defunct?

This, I promise, will be my last whiny post before I buckle and format
everything to switch to miboot. Is there a solution I'm missing?

Thanks for putting up :)
 - Ben