Re: YDL on blueg3

Subject: Re: YDL on blueg3
From: Kevin Hendricks (khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 12:44:26 MST

Hi,

> >rpm -q XFree86-100dpi-fonts
> package XFree86-100dpi-fonts is not installed

Hey, that is it! Forget everything else I asked for. The font path error
message you originally sent included the 100dpi directory which probably
doesn't exist since that rpm package could not be intalled. The fontpath
probably barfs when the directory doesn't even exist.

Go root around thorugh your yellow-dog install cds and see if you can find any
rpms that match XFree86*font*ppc.rpm and then do the following:

rpm --force -Uvh XFree86*font*ppc.rpm

That should install any missing fonts and create the directory so that the font
path command actually works.

I am almost positive that is it. Give it a try and let me know if it is not.

Take care,

Kevin