Re: Speedy 2.2.14

Subject: Re: Speedy 2.2.14
From: Jeremy Kemp (jakemp@Harding.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 12:31:57 MST

Okay, so maybe you can help me out. I've been doing linux for a while, but
I have yet to recompile (update) my kernel. I have the src for the 2.2.14,
but I don't know how to go about getting it going. Any pointers? Thanks!

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 BondTrails@aol.com wrote:

> Hey YellowDogger's,
>
> I am happily running YDL CS 1.1 but with the 2.2.12 kernel. I downloaded the
> yet to be distributed 2.2.14 and found it to be noticeably FASTER. Was there
> some optimizing done on it and is a SYSTEM MAP file available anywhere for it?
>
> Bondster!
>
> P.S. Anyone know if there has been any advances in acceleration for the Twin
> Turbo 8Meg video card? YDL site has stated for some time that 2 and 4 meg
> support is available and 8meg would be available SOON.

Jeremy Kemp
<jakemp@harding.edu>

-- Black holes are where God divided by zero.