linux no longer boots :(

Subject: linux no longer boots :(
From: Josh Forman (josh@joshforman.com)
Date: Tue Jan 25 2000 - 22:10:04 MST

Uh-oh...major probs here... Linux isn't even booting fully anymore...

First it says the filesystem with errors was found (my root fs)....check
forced...(that's nothing new)

then it says something about an inconsistency found (in CAPS!) and tha t I
should run fsck "manually" I try that and it just spits out a version line
or something.

Before I tried fsck, it says give root password for routine maintenance, or
hit control-d for normal startup. I tried the control-D and it shuts down
almost instantly.

I'm a total newbie, so sorry if I've left out any important info. (If you
need Linux system info, I probably don't know to get it, nor can I get it
now). But I installed YDL from a CS 1.1 CD and didnt' do any kernel
updates. I've downloaded numerous apps: chat clients, figlet, rot13,
wvdial..... some stuff has failed consistently when trying to install.
(Save that for another posting.)

--
Josh Forman

Webmaster, joshforman.com Palm stuff, Mac stuff, Josh stuff, other stuff Reviews, resources and more!

http://www.joshforman.com/