Re: Start up parameters...

Subject: Re: Start up parameters...
From: Jeremy Kemp (jakemp@Harding.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 17:10:13 MST

Edit the file /etc/inittab and change the following line...

        id:5:initdefault:

Change the 5 to a 3 and you'll boot into multi-user, but not X. I ended up
using this because I used X to setup my server, but now I only telnet to
it and X wastes way to much memory! Enjoy...

Jeremy Kemp
<jakemp@harding.edu>

-- Black holes are where God divided by zero.