CD Burning

Subject: CD Burning
From: Phil Kirschner (pak1@cec.wustl.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 23:12:09 MST

Hey all. Could somebody just tell me how complicated in general it
is to get a CD burner working under linux? I have glanced at the
how-to, but I really just want to know if I should bother trying now,
being that I am still a relative newbie.

I have CS1.1 installed on a beige G3 tower, and I have not changed
anything important enough to make a difference in this matter. The
kernel is 2.2.6-16bpmac, and the burner I was to connect is an
external SCSI burner from LaCie (it is really a Sony CDU948S). How
hard would it be for me to install it, and get software to burn
(mostly audio but the occasional data) cd's?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

"Today's CS lecture will be conducted entirely through the medium of
interpretive dance."
        -Something I've always wanted to hear but never will.