what else do I need to do? (imac kernel upgrade)

Subject: what else do I need to do? (imac kernel upgrade)
From: Robert May (mayro@earlham.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 09:34:10 MST

        So I downloaded the 2.2.14 kernel from:
ftp.linuxcare.com.au/pub/linuxppc/kernels/2.2.14p9 .
I placed the system map in the boot folder, installed the modules and placed
the vmlinux file in my BootX folder under mac. When I boot into linux with
this (or any other kernel for that matter) my keyboard and mouse do not work.
The mouse is simply dead and the keyboard isn't mapped correctly.
What have I not done in order to upgrade my kernels?
Thank you,
        Robert M