Kernel Issues (for CDR)

Subject: Kernel Issues (for CDR)
From: Phil Kirschner (pak1@cec.wustl.edu)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 11:46:38 MST

When told I needed to compile a new Kernel to get CD-R working, I
used the rsync site from linuxcare.com.au to get the
linux-pmac-stable sources. Yesterday, I ran "make menuconfig" and
activate SCSI_Generic support (like I was told on this list), and it
all worked fine, but I screwed something up later, so I decided just
to do it all again.

Today, I got the sources again, did the "make menuconfig", added
SCSI_generic, did "make dep" and "make clean", but now I have
encountered a problem with "make vmlinux".

Every time I try now (even after redownloading the sources), I get this output:

rm -f net.a
ar rcs net.a ppp.o slhc.o <some other files> gmac.o
ar: gmac.o: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [net.a] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-pmac-stable/drivers/net'
make[2]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-pmac-stable/drivers/net'
make[1]: *** [_subdir_net] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-pmac-stable/drivers'
make: *** [_dir_drivers] Error 2

HELP! I just want to try burning CD's under YDL on my Beige G3.....

"Today's CS lecture will be conducted entirely through the medium of
interpretive dance."
        -Something I've always wanted to hear but never will.