Re: Kernel Issues (for CDR)

Subject: Re: Kernel Issues (for CDR)
From: Paul Schinder (schinder@pobox.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 12:36:05 MST

At 1:10 PM -0600 1/30/00, Phil Kirschner wrote:
>Hey, that's great. I will try re-rsyncing it, and if that does not
>work, I will take out the gamc.o file. Will I have to modify
>anything to do that? Or just delete it? And for future reference,
>where would I have gone to find out what gmac.o was for anyway?

No, the problem seems to be that the Makefile refers to a gmac.o, but
there's no gmac.c to make a gmac.o from, so the build dies. Simply
edit drivers/net/Makefile with your favorite text editor, and edit
out any reference to gmac.o. Since your machine uses another
Ethernet device (called bmac IIRC), this shouldn't cause you any
problems. But it's possible that if you simply resync the sources
things will work right.

--
Paul Schinder
schinder@pobox.com