Re: Unsubscribe

From: Adam Price (Adam@oldchildrensbooks.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 07:24:31 MST

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, L T RUCINSKI wrote:

> Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 09:21:42 -0500
> From: L T RUCINSKI <lrucinsk@stny.lrun.com>
> To: David Salinas <rdsalinas@home.com>,
> yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com
>
> I have tried that only to be told that i do not exist.(see below)
> What ever is being used to send the responses does not recognize me.
> But, i still keep recv messages from the list.
> If anyone has any other suggestions, or if the list owner can unsubscribe me
> from this list i would greatly appreciate it.
> >Acknowledgment: The address
> > lrucinsk@stny.lrun.com
> >was not on the yellowdog-general mailing list when I received
> >your request and is not a subscriber of this list.

You subscribed under a different address, and the mail is being forwarded
from that one to l..@stny.lrun.com. Look at the full headers of one of
the mailing list mails to see how it got to you. If that doesn't help,
just try unsubscribing as all the old email addresses you have used.

MAINTAINER: Shouldn't the "Unsubscribe" acknowledgement/failure message
have this information in it? This isn't the first time in the last month
that we have seen this sort of confusion.

--
adam@oldchildrensbooks.com

Remember folks. Street lights timed for 35 mph are also timed for 17.5 mph. -- Steve Robbins