Re: CD Image doesnt work for me!!!

Subject: Re: CD Image doesnt work for me!!!
From: Dennis Moser (aldus@chi.pair.com)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 15:35:49 MST

Jeff,

Forgive the obvious, but sometimes that's where the answers are: how are
you burning the CD (I've done this twice, and yes, it took the second try
to figure out what I was doing wrong!)? You should be writing it as a raw
file...it won't matter if you rename it, but the format is critical.

Dennis

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Jeff Tillwick wrote:

> I burned the contents of the ydl-cs1.1-install.img to CD but i custom named
> the cd YELLOW_DOG_LINUX_INSTALL. When i loaded up the linux installer from
> the BootX App, i went through the process and when it came to reading the
> CD, it said that the CD in the drive was not a Yellow Dog CD. I
> redownloaded the image and reburnt it to a CD without changing anything
> (both times the CD was burned with Toast 4). Again at the step in the
> install process that reads the cd, it said the same thing, not a Yellow Dog
> CD. When i do that step without a cd in the drive, it says no cd found in
> dev/scd0 (or maybe its dev/sdc0, i forget). now i know that my cd drive is
> scsi id 3, but i also have a cd rom set on id 1 as well as a scanner and a
> burner. I have no idea what could be wrong. Ive tried every variation in
> the BootX App i can think of. right now i have nothing set for the root
> device in the BootX App and i have the VMLINUX off the cdimage and
> ramdisk.image.gz from the cd as well as the bootx extension
>
> What is wrong, why cant it read the cd??

"That so few now dare to be eccentric,
marks the chief danger of the time."
~~~ John Stuart Mill