Re: X on 7200

Andrew B. Arthur (arthur99@global2000.net)
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 20:59:10 -0400

> I'm having a similar problem with my 7500. I've installed the 37A rpms and
> when I run Xconfigurator 4.1.3 I go through all the stages and when I pick
> my refresh rate I get the error ' Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

Just run 'Xautoconfig' (minus the quotes). It will fix common problems with
XFree86/XF68_FBDEV on many Linux for the PPC systems. On many systems it
required to run it, before X will even start up! It has no options, you just
type it in, hit return, you won't see anything, and then it will be done. X
will then magically work.

It has to be one of the coolest little programs Tom Rinni has written
lately.

Thanks,

Andrew Arthur a.k.a. AArthur
arthur99@global2000.net