Changing video modes on the fly...

Velasquez, Carlos (carlos.velasquez@ssmb.com)
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 10:35:56 -0400

Y'all,

How do I change video mode (both resolution and depth) on the fly in Linux?
I have an S900 with a stock Twin Turbo (now ixMicro) 8meg video card.
Someone suggested that I use commands 'vmode=' or 'fbset' but I can't find
them at all.

Are these commands in some RPM file that I need to install? if so, are they
on the CD or do I need to download them from somewhere?

Finally, what is the correct way to specify the kernel arguments for
different video modes in BootX? I don't know what to use (tt128mb8, imsttfb,
atyfb, etc etc)Thanks for all your collective help!

Carlos

C.F. Velasquez
Asst. Vice President
Global Database and Technology Division