mounting an internal CD-ROM drive

mj (blumarbl@sover.net)
Tue, 06 Jul 1999 20:37:03 -0400

Hello,
Just loaded YDL, and trying to mount the internal CD-ROM on my G3
laptop. It is asking for files that are not present in my Linux
filesystem. I have the mtab and fstab files, but the entry for my CD are
missing. What should I enter from vi to modify these files to read and
mount a CD on my G3 system?
this is coming from my knowledge of Unix file systems, and immediate
access to a working Unix server, I have not been able to find the entry
that makes the difference.
I want to install various programs from a Unix CD, is there a place that
I can get compatible drivers for a Mac CD?
Thanks.
Matt