Re: Java Question

Kevin B. Hendricks (kbhend@business.wm.edu)
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 21:17:54 -0400

At 3:09 PM -0600 7/6/99, Dan Burcaw wrote:
>We have a glibc 2.1 JDK build on our ftp site. It's still considered beta,
>but give it a try. ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/devel/jdk

Actually, based on feedback from testing it from a few individuals, that
build seems to be fine. It would have become a non-beta (although still
pre-release because it has yet to pass all of the JCK tests to Sun's
satisfaction). Given Blackdown's license, that is the only way we can
release the jdk until Sun can somehow verify my JCK test results.

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes. Also remember to read
the README.linuxppc and README.linux about installing extra fonts.

Also, please send any bug reports directly to me. You could also submit
them to the Blackdown jitterbug site, but you'll just have to wait for me
to find and read them there so sending directly to me will give the fastest
turnaround.

Kevin
(Blackdown porting team member for LinuxPPC)