Re: mod_php3-3.0.6-2 MySQL support?

Darron Froese (darron@odi.ca)
Wed, 07 Jul 1999 12:46:36 -0600

> I´m trying to get php3 working with mysql and all goes well til i get to the
> point when i should configure apache, then i get this error message and the
> compiler aborts. Can someone give me a clue whats wrong?
>
> Šin the php-3.0.7
> ./configure --prefix=/home
> cd ../php-3.0.7
> ./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.6 --enable-track-vars
> make
> make install
> cd ../apache_1.3.6
> ./configure --prefix=/home --activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a
> Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.6
> + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
> + activated php3 module (modules/php3/libphp3.a)
> Creating Makefile
> Creating Configuration.apaci in src
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [dummy] Error 1
> Creating Makefile in src
> + configured for Linux platform
> + setting C compiler to gcc
> + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
> + checking for system header files
> + adding selected modules
> o php3_module uses ConfigStart/End
> + doing sanity check on compiler and options
> ** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
> ** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
> ** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
> ** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
> ** will also provide a clue.
> Aborting!

Patrik,

I had a similar problem with a few versions of PHP3 - I never did get some
of the newer versions to work actually compiling it into Apache - it gave me
those errors too.

Have you tried compiling Apache with Dynamic Shared Object support and then
adding a compiled DSO'd PHP module to it later on? (a DSO is compiled with
apxs - see the INSTALL.DSO file in the php source tree).

You would need to do this to apache:

./configure --prefix=/home --enable-module=so

Then apache will accept DSO's that have been compiled later on - the
advantage to this is that you can add new modules to apache without
recompiling the whole thing, you can just compile the module.

And this to php:

cd php-3.0.x
./configure --with-apxs=/some/path/bin/apxs \
--with-config-file-path=/some/path \
--with-mysql

I got it working just fine with v. 3.0.8 and I just upgraded to 3.0.11 a few
days ago.

Give me an email if you need help or get other errors.

Hope that helps at all.

--
Darron
darron@calgary.westworld.ca - WestWorld Computers