Re: Cable modem scripts

Deirdre Saoirse (dsaoirse@linuxcare.com)
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:16:45 -0700

At 12:24 PM -0400 7/7/99, David Barnum wrote:
>Does anyone know if cable mode scripts exist for YDL I am thinking about
>getting a cable modem, but do not want to do it unless I can use linux
>with it
>Dave

For me, using Linux with a cable modem was completely trivial. It's just
like setting up Linux on a LAN. Point in fact, I recompiled my kernel for
ethernet support and had it all set up before they could do the Windows
install on my roommate's computer. :)

Deirdre Saoirse, Systems Analyst, Linuxcare, Inc.
415.354.4878 x252 tel, 415.701.7457 fax
dsaoirse@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/
Linuxcare. At the center of Linux.