md5 shadow passwords...

Darron Froese (darron@odi.ca)
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 20:03:42 -0600 (MDT)

Howdy,

I've been fighting (once again) with several machines trying (very
unsuccessfully) to get some pop3 and imap servers working. I've got an
ANS, a couple of 7300's and a 7500 that just do not want to work for me at
all. The ANS has the u of w imapd server working on it (after much
fighting) but that same binary doesn't want to work on any of the other
machines. I can't get qpopper 2.5.3, 3.0b18 or ids-pop3d to work on any of
those other machines either.

Then I remembered the "MD5 Shadow Passwords" option that was in the
installer that I definately checked and wondered if that could be the
source of my problems.

So, is there a way to un-MD5 my passwd files? I'd like to give it a try
with the regular unix crypt and see if that helps. I don't want the MD5 if
it's going to give me this much hassle...

Darron
darron@odi.ca
http://darron.odi.ca/