Re: md5 shadow passwords...

Darron Froese (darron@odi.ca)
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 20:40:30 -0600

> Run authconfig at the root prompt.

OK - I ran authconfig and turned off MD5, created a new user - gave him a
password - looked at the /etc/shadow file (it's not an md5 hash, it looks
like the old unix crypt hash) and tried to connect - got an error - it says
-ERR wrong password.

It's not the wrong password.

Is there a way to watch the pam stuff as it's happening - either by sending
it to a log file or just having it scroll by the screen? The PAM
documentation is kinda confusing - I can't make heads nor tails of it.

Thanks.

--
Darron
darron@odi.ca