Re: Fwd: Help installing ydl on Blue G3

Paul Oertel (tengu@mb.kcom.ne.jp)
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 23:05:29 +0900

Urs,

Thanks for the help finding the kernel. I still haven't been able to boot
into the installer. I got a kernel panic.

The following text appeared thrree times in a row.

kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe - -k binfmt-0000, errno =2

then it was followed by kernel panic: no init found. try passign init=
option to kernel.

It was supposed to reboot in 180 seconds but it didn't.

Even though my adaptec 2930 scsi adapter isn't supposed to be supported it
was recognized along with both my scsi hard drives. I removed the card and
tried it again and I got the same errors.

Can anyone tell what options I'm supposed to pass to the kernel.

Thank you,
Paul

ComiConnection --> www.shirokuma.com/comiconnection/
pbearpro@bekkoame.or.jp