Re: Mouse woes

Andrew Rohl (andrew@power.curtin.edu.au)
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:29:46 +0800

>On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, Andrew Rohl wrote:
>
>> On my powerbook G3 (250MHz, 13.3" screen), I can't use the keyboard to
>> emulate the middle and right buttons. I've given the kernel the following
>> (sole) argument
>> adb_buttons=1,101,109
>> which should make f9 the middle key and f10 the right key. However, the
>> f9 key becomes the right mouse key and f10 appears unaltered. Running
>> showkey returns no keypress to f9 but 109 to f10. Has anyone else seen
>> this problem?
>
>I don't think this is the case, but I'll ask anyway. On my 400mhz PB G3
>the F-keys require that you use the 'fn' key to access them. I'm not
>familar with the keyboard layout on the Wallsteet, but if it's the same
>you might have to hit fn-f9 to emulate the mouse buttons.

nope - on the keyboard, fn-f9 is prt screen and fn-f10 is scr lock. If I
go into linux and run showkey, they return 105 and 107 respectively.

  Andrew

Andrew Rohl Email: andrew@power.curtin.edu.au
School of Applied Chemistry Phone: +61 8 9266 7317 (Office)
Curtin University of Technology +61 8 9266 3780 (Lab)
PO Box U 1987 FAX: +61 8 9266 2300
Perth, 6845
WESTERN AUSTRALIA

WWW: http://www.curtin.edu.au/curtin/dept/appchem/staff/alr/alr.html