Re: Cable modem scripts

J. E. Taranta (jtaran@mediaone.net)
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 15:27:53 -0500

David:
I don't know which cable company you are using (we use MediaOne) and it was
no problem at all to set up. We have been using it for over a year.
The cable modem will plug directly into your 10baseT card on the back of
your G3.
After you boot into Linux start < netcfg > from a window.
Select < eth0 > as your interface and DHCP as the protocol. There shouldn't
be anything else as DHCP will will assign the IP address dynamically.
Click the box that tells it start automatically.
Save your changes and get out , then re-boot YDL.
If it is like mine you should be all set. The connection is always active.

--
Regards;
Joseph E. Taranta  mailto:jtaran@mediaone.net