v1.1 ftp install is broken

Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:35:17 +0200

Hi all,

My attempts to do an upgrade from v1.0 to v1.1 via ftp have so far
failed. I have tried hosting the tree on two separate machines, in both
cases the second stage ramdisk loader fails with "bad server response".

A test with wget using exactly the same URL displayed in the installer
from a different machine works, but wget from the installer is broken.

NFS install also seems a bit of a disaster - it's working, but it's
unbearably slow over 10baseT ethernet. Estimated time to do the upgrade
currently tops 4 hours. So far it looks like something on my system,
I've run out of time to test though, will give it another try tomorrow.
(Hopefully halting the install part way through won't wreck the system).

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street