1.1 install problem from hard disk

William R. Dickson (wrd@awenet.com)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:10:12 -0700

Hola all,

So, I downloaded the distribution to my external drive and booted from the
RAM disk. I told the installer I wanted to install from hard disk, and it
found the stage 2 ram disk. I was able to specify that I wanted to upgrade
my existing installation, it recommended packages and allowed me to
customize the selections.

That's as far as I got. When I told it to go ahead and upgrade, it
complained that it couldn't unmount the disk and sent me back to the
previous menu.

Any idea what's going on here? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Bill

--
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 wrd@awenet.com   < >   http://www.awenet.com/~wrd/   < >   ICQ: 14117523

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying. -Woody Allen