Re: Upgrading a CS 1.0 install - the easy way

Evan Read (evan@advcomm.co.nz)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 10:24:31 +1200 (NZST)

> > So that one could download the lot in one hit, RPM them in and be then
> > running CS 1.1 level stuff?
>
> This would be hard.. we'd have to go through and figure that out :-)
> And there are things we'd rather be working on.

Hehehe... really? I thought that is what constituted the 1.1 release. A
whole bunch of newer version of software ported from Intel side...

> > Anymore updates on release dates/ new features for CS 2.0 and GH 1.0?
>
> Gone Home should be out in 1999. This is what we have been shooting for.
> This is going to be an excellent release so it'll be well worth the
> wait... one new feature is the installer.. we're writing this from
> scratch.

I eagerly await that.

A couple of general interest questions.

Is YellowDogLinux the same for both RS/6000 and Macintosh? Ie, on the
same CD?

Will ALL Loki Games games be ported? Any other Linux game companies games
as well?

Any work going on for an OpenSource OpenGL driver for PowerPC Linux? I am
not sure if this is even possible but is of particular interest to me (all
these new games will eventual all require hardware acceleration).

I know that ATI are pricks, but since Apple deals with them, I deal with
them so is there any way (or even currrent work being done) that a hack
can be produced to give at least some functionality until ATI opens up a
we bit more? This has to be a high prority since ALL new Macs are
ATI-ready.

Thanks.