'fg'ing a PID

Evan Read (evan@advcomm.co.nz)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:05:49 +1200 (NZST)

A general question for you all.

I have logged into an old Linux box (slackware 2.0xxx kernal) and ran
rc5des client. Anyways, when I log off, the thing keeps running. I
forget what they call that but it is great!

Anyways, I would like to foreground it so I can see how it is doing. But
I can't work out how to fg it...

it has no job number ecause it was launched during a previous login that I
terminated. I run "ps -aux" and find the PIDs, but "fg pidno" doesn't
work.

What does?

Thanks

--
Evan Read

Advanced Communications Level 1, 43 Montgomery Square Nelson

Ph: +64-3-546-9169 Fax: +64-3-546-9170 Web: http://www.advcomm.co.nz