Re: mysql on ydl

Darron Froese (darron@odi.ca)
Mon, 31 May 1999 23:25:19 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 31 May 1999, JP Rosevear wrote:

> Well something to try might be just the following:
>
> createdb test
> destroydb test
>
> and see what happens.

Evidently not all is well in postgresql-on-ydl-ppc land:

[[postgres@ans postgres]$ createdb test
[[postgres@ans postgres]$ destroydb test
ERROR: typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0
destroydb: database destroy failed on test.
[[postgres@ans postgres]$
[[postgres@ans postgres]$ psql
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor:
  Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL

   type \? for help on slash commands
   type \q to quit
   type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
 You are currently connected to the database: postgres

postgres=> \l
datname |datdba|encoding|datpath
---------+------+--------+---------
template1| 502| 0|template1
postgres | 502| 0|postgres
imp | 502| 0|imp
test | 502| 0|test
(4 rows)

postgres=>

All I can say is - it's working for me with IMP. IMP stores it's
individual user prefs and contacts within the sql database...

What can I say - it's not fully functional - maybe someday it will be.

How do we get these kinds of things fixed? Open up our ydl boxes and give
shells to those who can? Get hardware out to the right people?

Darron
darron@odi.ca
<http://i.am/darron/>
PGP Key: http://pgp.ai.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xAF31C682