where the hell is the file <- newbie question

Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 18:04:35 +1200

Hey guys.

I am trying to get KDE configured as my GUI on my new YDL install but am
having a problem.

I can't find the file ".Xinitrc" (or even ".xinitrc");

I have read that after rpming the packages, it is a simple matter of
putting startkde (a nice script apparently) in either the ".xsession",
".xclients" or ".xinitrc" file...

I can't find it anywhere... I have been trying to use the "find" command
but it s coming up with nothing.

the startx script is pointing to "/HOME$/.xinitrc"

I am trying to start it as root (coz I haven't bothered to set up myself as
a user... yet).

I have read that this file is located in one's home dir. Startx also points
to the fact.

I have looked in /root but have found nothing!!!

I have tried to create my own .xinitrc file in the /root dir but startx
ain't pointing to it by the look of it.

ANy help?

--
Evan Read