PPP support in YellowDogLinux

Evan Read (eread@netaccess.co.nz)
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 23:42:03 +1200

Hi,

I have been trying to use Kppp to get a dial up connection going.

When I tried to lauch Kppp previously, it mentioned that something was locked.

when I did: "ln -s /dev/cva0 /dev/modem" (basically because Kppp couldn't
see the modem that is suppored to fix that), kppp then reported that PPP
support was not installed on in Linux.

I rpm'd the PPP package from the CD to make sure it was installed and it
already was.

Not sure what to do. I know there was some controversy with PPP and
yellowdoglinux, but I am hoping it isn't a big deal.

I followed part of the PPP tut at iMacLinux.net so all of my files are set up.

Thanks

--
Evan Read