Re: where the hell is the file <- newbie question

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 09:34:55 -0600 (MDT)

It's because the file doesn't exist by default :)
If you create it, the value of it will override the system default...

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Evan Read wrote:

> Hey guys.
>
> I am trying to get KDE configured as my GUI on my new YDL install but am
> having a problem.
>
> I can't find the file ".Xinitrc" (or even ".xinitrc");
>
> I have read that after rpming the packages, it is a simple matter of
> putting startkde (a nice script apparently) in either the ".xsession",
> ".xclients" or ".xinitrc" file...
>
> I can't find it anywhere... I have been trying to use the "find" command
> but it s coming up with nothing.
>
> the startx script is pointing to "/HOME$/.xinitrc"
>
> I am trying to start it as root (coz I haven't bothered to set up myself as
> a user... yet).
>
> I have read that this file is located in one's home dir. Startx also points
> to the fact.
>
> I have looked in /root but have found nothing!!!
>
> I have tried to create my own .xinitrc file in the /root dir but startx
> ain't pointing to it by the look of it.
>
> ANy help?
>
> --
> Evan Read

> / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / . . . t h e c h o i c e o f a

Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 email: dburcaw@yellowdoglinux.com
 website: http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/