Re: Lots of News

Darron Froese (darron@odi.ca)
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 22:58:16 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Dan Burcaw wrote:

> Hey everybody,
>
> I have a few things to update you on..
>
> 5) mySQL WORKS!
> I'll have RPMS soon.. basically Large File Summit (LFS) support is
> broke on Sparc and PPC (and possibily Alpha) Linux systems. With this
> disabled, mySQL works great. What does LFS do? It lets you have
> huge files... basically if you need mySQL tables larger then 2GB
> then you'll need to wait for LFS to get supported :)

If you don't want to wait for the RPM's to come out, you can just comment
out the section of the configure script that queries for LFS support.
(There's only one section and it's easy to find) I did that and mysql
built and started up just fine.

Now I have to actually work with it....but at least it starts. ;-)

Darron
darron@odi.ca
<http://i.am/darron/>
PGP Key: http://pgp.ai.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xAF31C682