Re: Rebuild Kernel for PPP support.

Paul Leclerc (pleclerc@yahoo.com)
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 15:16:36 -0700 (PDT)

Wayne,
  The kernel that Dan Burcaw placed up for ftp late last
week has it built-in. The RPMS are at:
ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/kernel/RPMS/

You only need to get one of the RPMS. I grabbed
    kernel-pmac-2.2.6-16a.ppc.rpm
for my iMac.

The prep and chrp are for other flavors of PPC.

Hope that helps
Paul

--- Wayne Allison <wayne_allison@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed YellowDog server on my iMac.
>

> Trying to use PPP it says "The kernel doesn't support
> that blah blah.
>
> Do I now have to rebuild the Kernel to add the pppd
> module.
> I've done this before on a Intel Box without much luck
> with the way the
> directory links were set to the modules directory.
>
> So do I in one word have to do this?
>
> Regards
> ===
> Wayne Allison.

===
Paul Leclerc pleclerc@yahoo.com
Work: (208) 396-3097 Home: (208) 442-1047