Re: XFree86-3.3.3.1-37a.ppc.rpm

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 12:52:40 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Roesslet, Bryan W. wrote:

> I'm trying to get the X server working (again) on my beige G3.
>
> XFree86-3.3.3.1-37a.ppc.rpm complains that xterm-color is needed by
> AfterStep, AnotherLevel, and fvwm, but it appears to be installed already.
>
> Is there a newer version of xterm-color, or am I missing something here?
>
> Granted, I'm a newbie, but doesn't it seem that a knowledgebase or some
> documentation should be included for getting the X server working with YDL?
> It seems unreasonable to ask for me to pay for Web-based installation
> support for something such as this.
>
> Is a public knowledgbase too much to ask for?

As I have already stated on this list, if feedback is given to me about
the success of using the latest X RPMS I would be happy to create an X
HOWTO. I'm not going to confuse users by writing a document that says
please check your X version if you have -37a do this, if you have -43 do
this blah blah blah. THe point of a HOWTO is to be concise and that's what
I intend to do.

> Just a thought.
>
> Bryan

Dan