Re: Accesing RPM's

JP Rosevear (jpr@arcavia.com)
Wed, 09 Jun 1999 10:43:22 -0400

Conor Long wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is probably a simple problem, any help will be well
> appreciated,
> I am unable to access files on mounted HFS hard drives or
> floppy drives. Am I missing something.
>
> Thanks,
> Conor :)
>
> ----------------------
> Conor Long M.P.S
> QUB School of Pharmacy
> Research Department

As a regular user or as root?

If you can't access as a regular user then you need to mount the
partition with the "user" option. If the partition is being mounted
automatically, edit /etc/fstab and replace "defaults" with "user" for
the appropriate partition.

If you can't access the partition as root then it is most likely not
mounted.

Remember that HFS+ volumes are not readable under linux (yet).

-JP

JP Rosevear				jpr@arcavia.com
Arcavia Software Ltd.
(905) 853-7714