cannot open hash database

Patrik Frisk (frisk@come.to)
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:57:52 +0200

Hi!

I´m running a B&W 400mhz with YDL installed and have noticed some error
messages from the cron.daily, the error is:
"Cannot open hash database /etc/mail/deny: Invalid argument
/usr/lib/news/bin/news.daily: /var/lib/news/.news.daily: Permission denied"

Ši´m running 5 servers with YDL all running without any errors or trouble
whatsoever, except this one. When i installed YDL on the first servers i
checked the "install all packages" button and recieved the error "cannot
find red-hat blah bla.." but was able to continue the installation just
pressing space, so when i got to install on the last one (my problem child)
i checked all the packages manually instead, which seems to be a bad idea
since when checking the installed packages and comparing it to my other
installations i see that there are 208 packages missing.

Šcan i install all the missing packages without breaking anything?

//Patrik Frisk