Brand new G3 450 + Yellowdog

Brian Lamb (renner@borderline.org)
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:29:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

My box finally arrived Monday and had to have been the shortest lived
incarnation of MacOS ever, out of the box, onto the disk, repartition
drive.

I've downloaded the 2.2.6 G3 kernel from the ftp site and have yellowdog
running great in text mode but am hitting the wall with X. What I want to
do is use the FBDev X server with this critter since I don't have any ADB
hardware (I originally bought an iMac for my linux server but the wife
stole it and won't let me put linux on it, at least she's having fun with
it).

The story so far is that I pulled down the XF86config for G3 and relinked
/etc/X11/X to the Xpmac server which does in fact get me X Windows but...
no mouse and the keymapping on the US USB isn't all that it needs to be.

Has anyone gotten this working with the straight out of the box B&W G3
using the FBDev server and the USB Keyboard & Mouse?

Thanks,

Renner

Hardware:
B&W G3 450 SCSI + 17" Apple Studio Display