Re: Rebuild Kernel for PPP support.

Wayne Allison (wayne_allison@yahoo.com)
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 09:56:06 -0700 (PDT)

Dan Burcaw said:
> Wayne,
> The kernel that Dan Burcaw placed up for ftp late last
> week has it built-in. The RPMS are at:
> ftp://ftp.yellowdoglinux.com/pub/yellowdog/kernel/RPMS/
>
> You only need to get one of the RPMS. I grabbed
> kernel-pmac-2.2.6-16a.ppc.rpm
> for my iMac.
>
> The prep and chrp are for other flavors of PPC.
>
> Hope that helps
> Paul

I've just got around to installing the suggested above rpm but I still don't
get PPP support.
I actually don't think it's picking up the new kernel after having rebooted.
Doing a uname -a still shows the old kernel name whereas I expect it to pick up
the 2.2.6 name.

In WinTel it's playing with LILO what's the equiv. here.
Another person says that it doesn't work for him, have you got it working?.

Wayne.