Re: PPP not in kernel- no mods, and menuconfig is strange

Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 18:12:49 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Andrew Diller wrote:

> hi:
>
> trying to get my beige g3 on line via ppp.
>
> - ppp is not built into the kernal on the 1.0 cdrom
> - module support is not either
>
> - menuconfig, xmenuconfig and oldconfig are are erroring out on the USB section.
>
> I see that someone mentions to grab a new kernal, which will have ppp
> compiled in.
>
> On your download page you have:
>
> - chrp, prep and pmac kernals.
>
> What is the beige g3 considered?
>
> I'm going to guess and try pmac.
yup..

> What does it take to get the source to compile my own?

You'll want to grab kernel-source as well. All of the patches are already
applied to the source and the USB stuff is there too.

> -andy

Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 email: dburcaw@yellowdoglinux.com