Re: Quick questions on Kernals {hfs+ booting}

Andrew Diller (dillera@gse.upenn.edu)
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 23:59:32 -0400

Dan Burcaw wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Byron Barker wrote:
>
> > Maybe I'm missing something here, yes, I'm a newbie, but doesn't the
> > vmlinux file have to be in the sys folder on a hfs partition and that a
> > hfs+ partition will not work for booting?
>
> That's exactly right.

No- I'm booting fine from a HFS+ partition with 8.6. BootX 1.0.1 and 1.0.2
don't care a bit. It's the whole stock 6 gig ide drive on a Beige G3.

Of course, I can't see much when I mount it in linux.....