Flex

JP Rosevear (jpr@arcavia.com)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 02:08:06 -0400

Evan Read wrote:

> I have been attempting to compile KDevelop 0.4 for my machine but am getting
> this error while ./configuring:
>
> checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
> checking for flex... no
> checking for lex... no
> ./configure: flex: command not found
> checking for flex... lex
> checking for yywrap in -ll... no
> checking lex output file root... ./configure: lex: command not found
> configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving up
> [root :: ~/kdevelop-0.4]#
>
> where can I get flex/lex? What are they? Freshmeat has no reference...
Lex is a lexical scanner and flex is the GNU clone.

You should probably get bison at the same time, the parser.

Both packages are in the standard YDL distro.

If your interested in flex/bison, there is a tutorial here:

http://www.ma.adfa.oz.au/Local/Info/flex/flex_toc.html
http://www.ma.adfa.edu.au/Local/Info/bison/bison_toc.html

-JP

JP Rosevear				jpr@arcavia.com